I had to surf for a fast & easy recipe, because as usual at the last minute it was "Grandma I need"!.... Sooooooo I thought maybe someone else had a "I need" situation and here are 3 easy fantastic recipes from brightideas.com....Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway which ends 12-14-08 at 10pm....The pictures and info are just below this post!!!!
"Delectable thumbprints with a little candy surprise."
ingredients and directions:
24 pieces MILKY WAY® Chocolate Covered Caramels
½ cup flour
1 ½ cups finely chopped pecans, optional
1 tube (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
½ cup DOVE® Brand Dark Chocolate, optional
Plastic sandwich bag, optional
Yield: Makes 24 thumbprints.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 12-15 min.
Decoration Time: 3-5 min.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Knead the cookie dough with the flour until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a 1 x 1½-inch oval. Roll in the chopped pecans to coat, if desired. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, and immediately press one MILKY WAY® Chocolate Covered Caramel into the center of each cookie.
5. Microwave DOVE® Brand Dark Chocolate in a plastic bag for 10-seconds, or until melted. Snip the corner tip of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cookies, if desired.
Nuggets Of Joy
18 pieces MILKY WAY® Bars Milk Chocolate Covered Caramels
1 roll (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
¼ cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup ground pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 non-stick cookie sheets
Yield: Makes 36 nuggets.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 15-17 min.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut caramels in half; set aside.
2. Knead cookie dough, flour, cocoa powder, pecans and cinnamon until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 36 pieces, each about the diameter of a quarter. Tuck a piece of candy into the center of each piece of cookie dough. Roll the dough into balls, completely covering the candy. Place the balls on a non-stick cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Crispy Fudge Truffles
3 cups chopped 3 MUSKETEERS® Bars
2 tablespoons milk
2 ½ cups puffed cocoa cereal
3 tablespoons finely chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), optional
3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar, optional
1. In a heavy bottom pan, melt 3 MUSKETEERS® Bars with milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Once melted, remove from heat immediately.
2. Stir in the puffed cocoa cereal, mixing thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, making 40 mounds.
3. Cool 5-10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
4. With buttered fingers, roll mound into 1-inch balls.
5. If desired, roll balls in chopped nuts and/or confectioner’s sugar, or simply leave them plain.