Saturday, July 24, 2010

THE PERFECT RUMP ROAST!



My grandson brought home a rump roast and since mine are always dry and tough, I thought I would try this recipe. My what a good rump roast. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone wanting a perfect rump roast!

PERFECT RUMP ROAST

4 lbs rump roast (room temp.)
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 onions
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:
You might use more salt and pepper.
Pre-Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
Prep the roast by making 4-5 slits in the roast and filling the holes with salt, pepper and 1/2 of a clove of Garlic.
Now Salt and Pepper the rest of the roast.
Put the Roast in the oven and sear for 20 minutes.
Then add the water, the chopped onion and reduce the temperature to 275 degrees.
Cook for 20 minutes per lb. I like mine rare so that is what you will get if you cook for this period of time.
Recipe from Recipezarr:

6 comments:

Pokey said...

YEA!! Hello again, my friend!!
Hugs, pokey

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sue...
Yummy, I am going to try this tomorrow. When I make my roasts I always add a package of dry Lipton soup mix on top. I love the little kick it gives it.

I will keep you posted on my roast. Thanks for the tips sweetie. Yours looks great, and I know what you are having for dinner.

Have a gorgeous evening.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Carmen S. said...

Sounds delicious Sue, thanks for sharing the recipe:D

Michele said...

Hi Sue! It's so good to have you back!! You have been missed .... ALOT. ~.~

Sue said...

Michele,
It is good to be back...Have had a very busy & sometimes trying times lately...Sure hope to post more frequently...
Sue

sandy said...

Glad you are back. I was worried.