That is right....I am the big loser again in our weight loss challenge "Take It Off Tuesdays" and we have a new challenger in the group,Cricket, from "Mama's Work Shop"...Welcome to our group girl and anyone else who wants to be a big loser...Lets all give Janene over at "Primitive Lifestyle" a big pat on the back for all she does!!!
25. Extinguish a grease or electrical fire. Scatter the powder by the handful to safely put it out.
26. Clean combs and brushes in a soda solution.
27. Wash glass or stainless steel coffee pots (but not aluminum) in a soda solution (3 tablespoons soda to 1 quart water).
28. Clean barbecue grills by sprinkling with soda, soaking and rinsing.
29. Clean a greasy garage floor by sprinkling with soda. Let stand, scrub and rinse.
30. Clean a badly burned pan with a thick layer of burned-on food: Pour a thick layer of soda directly onto the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle just enough water to moisten the soda. Leave the pot overnight, and then scrub it clean the next day.
31. Clean shower curtains in water and soda.
32. Eliminate odor from tennis shoes, socks, boots and slippers by sprinkling with soda.
33. Repel rain and fog from your car windshield. Put gobs of baking soda on a dampened cloth and wipe windows inside and out.
34. Make dried beans more digestible by soaking them in a mixture of soda and water.
35. Freshen carpet and upholstered furniture by sprinkling them with baking soda. Allow them to sit undisturbed for a half-hour or so. Then vacuum.
36. Eliminate water rings on your finished wood with a paste of baking soda and toothpaste. Dip a soft cloth in the paste and rub the water spots away.
37. Get rid of ants in your house by mixing together equal parts baking soda and salt. Sprinkle the mixture wherever you see the intruders coming in.
38. Fill in nail holes in a plastered wall with a paste of white toothpaste and baking soda.
39. Use beer instead of water in your favorite batter mix, and it will have a delicious flavor.
40. Soften hair and add body with a beer shampoo. Mix a raw egg with half a can of beer and massage it into your hair. Rinse and style as usual. Beer alone also makes an excellent conditioner for hair. Massage a cup of warm beer into your hair and scalp after washing and allow it to set for half an hour or so. Rinse thoroughly.
41. Fertilize plants. Use all of those half-filled bottles and cups of beer after a party to pour on your houseplants and garden vegetables. The plants will love the nourishment that the yeast adds to the soil.
42. Get rid of slugs in your garden. Put a shallow dish of beer into your soil, buried up to the lip. The slugs will be attracted to the beer and become stuck in it. Empty the dish each day and replace with new beer, as they are attracted to the smell.
43. Fight mildew in hard-to-reach spots in the bathroom. Soak a few cotton balls in bleach and place them in those difficult spots. Leave them to work their magic for a few hours. Finish by rinsing with a warm-water wash.
Dawn Dishwashing Detergent
44. Get a better manicure by soaking fingernails in the soapy solution, rinse and apply polish. The polish will adhere better to the nail and spread more smoothly.
45. Pre-treat oil-based laundry stains, such as lipstick and grease.
46. Clean oily and grimy tools by soaking them in it.
47. Kill fleas by washing pets in a soapy water bath.
48. Repel mosquitoes on your patio. Hang a sheet out there during the mosquito season.
49. Freshen the air by placing an individual sheet in a drawer, hang one in the closet, in your locker at the health club, in your locker at work or under the seat of your car or truck.
50. To prevent sewing thread from tangling, run a needle through a sheet before sewing.
51. Prevent musty odors in luggage by leaving a sheet inside baggage.
52. Eliminate static electricity from the television or computer screen.
53. Dissolve soap scum from the shower door and tile walls. Clean the surfaces with a sheet.
54. Repel bees and bugs by tucking some in your picnic basket or under lawn furniture. You also can rub a sheet directly on your bare skin.
55. Combat static on your clothes, stockings and hair by patting them with a sheet.
56. De-stink your pets: Scrub incoming dogs or cats (especially wet ones) with a dryer sheet before they enter the home.
57. Make cleaning cookware with burned or baked-on food easier by soaking them in warm water with a dryer sheet or two. It also works on cook tops and dingy cabinet doors.