Autumn can play some nasty tricks on your skin with its winds and chilly weather,and since I am on this PUMPKIN streak I thought I would give you these great treats using pumpkin.
The perfect icon of the season, to help nourish your skin beautifully, sloughing off dead cells to reveal the fresh new skin underneath.
Pumpkin, after all, contains lots of anti-oxidant vitamins A and C, as well as zinc and beneficial alpha-hydroxide acids.
Here is how to make a nourishing facial mask and a sugar and spice scrub using Pumpkin!!!....
Pumpkin Facial Mask:
2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon milk (or whipping cream, if your skin is very dry)
1. Combine ingredients and apply to a clean face with gentle circular motions, avoiding the area around your eyes.
2. Allow mask to remain on skin for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water, pat dry, and apply your usual moisturizer.
1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stand in a tub or shower stall and use a damp washcloth to scoop some of the mixture up. Apply to body, starting with your feet and working your way up, but avoiding your face. Scrub gently using circular motions.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry