Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Six Miles Down That Road Again!!


My sixth mile wasn't so great....Didn't lose anything, (except maybe my mind) but then I didn't gain anything......Guess those two truffles and the nite out at "Dixie's" on the Grand caught up with me.....Well no looking back, just full sprint ahead....Better next week....For every pound I lose I am putting a $ in my butter crock and "God help me" if I gain anything, then a $ goes in for every ounce I put back on.....I have really been working hard at this, but like us all, I messed up....I need to remind myself that; This is it! I have one life. How do I choose to spend it? Eating whatever and whenever I want but suffering by being fat, miserable and unhappy all the time? So despite the fact that I occasionally revert to old habits that I'm working to rid myself of, or make some not so wise choices from time to time, I will never give up. Yes, there will be some bumps in traveling Down That Road Again. But I accept that. There is just no way I am going back to the old me....That's just out of the question.....I also accept the fact that this is forever....a lifestyle change......not a short term thing... It is also how I think about myself, and how important this is to me to be a healthy person again....

Pork Lo Mein:WW POINTS....7
A revamped restaurant favorite. Full of flavor and fresh ingredients; not calories and fat.
Ingredients:

8 oz lean pork tenderloin, cut in 1/4-inch-wide strips
3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, divided
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
8 oz uncooked linguini
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste (for cooking pasta)
1/2 cup(s) carrot(s), thinly sliced
1 tsp canola oil
4 oz button mushrooms, or shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced

Instructions

In a medium bowl, toss pork with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, garlic and ginger; let stand 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook linguini in a large pot of lightly salted water according to package direction; add carrots to pot 5 minutes before linguini will be done. Drain; set aside.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and pork. Increase heat to high; stir-fry until mushrooms release their liquid and become lightly browned, and pork is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Add drained linguini and carrots, broth, remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil to skillet; toss over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in scallions; serve immediately. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.



2 comments:

Janene said...

Sue~You have just inspired me with this post!
I was feeling down because I gained this week, although the stuffed chicken marsala was worth every pound! LOL
But I am back on...I can not let this falter my progress, I will just have to work twice as hard now to regain the ground that I have lost. And your post today inspired me to do just that!
Thank you!

Raggedy Angel said...

Sue, you are doing so good...we are gonna be Hot Cicks by Summertime! Beth