Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Four Miles Down That Road Again!!

Now that I am in the Tuesday weight challenge, (over on Janene's Blog "Primitive Lifestyle"), I will be posting my weight loss on Tuesdays, instead of Mondays...I will also post some awesome, good for you recipes...so join me on my journey "Down That Road Again."

I don't know how I did it but I lost another 5.5 pounds....Happy about that, but know it has all been a lot of fluid loss...Don't expect such a good outcome next week...This Saturday I am going with my son and 2 granddaughters shopping at the Mall Of America and know that it will be hard to pass up all the goodies there...Please tell me how you would pass everything up....

A friend of mine bought the "Biggest Loser Cookbook" and this is what she said about it: "I got that "Biggest Loser Cookbook" and I have to tell ya--it has totally changed my eating habits---it is budget friendly too and I have lost 7lbs in 3 weeks---it is good whole foods that you have at home and it is one of the best cookbooks EVER if you or anyone are on a road to eating better---HIGHLY recommended!"
So I bought one on Amazon and it should be here soon...Will try some of the recipes and then let you know how they were.....

I am traveling this "Road Again" just for me. I have only to answer to myself, and I am my harshest critic!
I have learn to celebrate myself for every change that I have made. I've realized that small accomplishments mean as much as large ones and should never be ignored. On some days just getting through it with out cheating myself is an accomplishment in and of itself. I allow myself to realize that.
As the weight comes off I am discovering that my self confidence is growing. I have never realized how the weight was affecting not only my body, but my mind. I have spent a lifetime doubting myself, speaking badly to myself and about myself and never allowed myself to realize my full potential.
I can say I will never again be "on a diet." This is going to be a lifelong change and it feels amazing!

Janene here is the recipe I promised you!



General Tao's Chicken:
Serves 4.......4 WW Points
Ingredients
3/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp peanut oil
2 medium scallion(s), chopped
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or 1 dried chili pepper, minced
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 cup(s) cooked white rice, kept hot
Instructions
In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.

Cheesy Chili-Mac
Serves 8......5 WW Points
A hearty meal in a bowl. It's full of great stuff like lean beef, pinto beans and chili peppers. Turn leftovers in burritos.

Ingredients
1 spray(s) cooking spray
2/3 pound(s) raw extra lean ground beef
2 medium onion(s), chopped
29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style (undrained)
2 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato juice
4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked macaroni, elbow
31 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes including juice, tomato juice, chili peppers and chili powder; bring mixture to a boil.
Stir in macaroni and beans; return to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Yields about 1 cup of chili and 1 tablespoon of cheese per serving.


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yum-o Sue! That's all I can think of to say... yum-o!

Your recipes are just awesome!

Janene said...

Sue~
You are my saving grace! I don't have to give up my beloved General Tso's chicken! I love you so much!
Great success on the weight loss you big loser!!!
I will chart your success and post all of the results tomorrow!
Yahoo!

LoveThePrimLook said...

Sue stop by my blog I'm having a contest :)

Angie

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Sue good luck on your weight loss. The food looks so good. The Mall of America sounds like so much fun!!!!! Enjoy

hugs pam

Deb's Country Crafts said...

Congrats on your weight loss Sue! That is AWESOME, way to go!!! I started on Monday on a strict healthy eating plan, I never say diet either. Five years ago I lost 65 lbs on the Dr Phil Weight Loss Solution plan. I kept it off until recently and have been slowly gaining it back well half of it back. I took a break and just ate what I really wanted which some of the time was not good for me and I wasn't exercising regularly. It didn't feel good to gain weight and I starting worrying that I would soon gain all of it back. I am totally in it for real now and am so glad to be back to a healthy lifestyle but yes it sure has it's times when it is SO hard! I already feel better this week, I have more energy. It bothers my self esteem too, when I look in the mirror right now I don't really like what I see, I know i can look better. Thanks for your great posts you are an inspirtation to a lot of other woman struggling with the same issues. Do you eat brown rice and whole wheat pasta? I have found that that helps a lot to keep you feeling full longer and is better for the fiber content. I only eat brown stuff like whole wheat bread, pasta, and brown rice. I also am staying away from sugar because it seems like a little makes me just want more. Well keep up the great work and thanks for your great posts! Hugs!