Monday, October 13, 2008

Slow-Cooker Shepherd's Pie!!



Slow cookers have made a comeback as a frugal cook's appliance of choice. And for good reason: They offer hands-off cooking, which can free up time for you to do other things while still serving a nutritious meal...

Slow-Cooker Shepherd's Pie

32-ounce bag frozen Tator Tots
1-pound ground beef, browned
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 (14-ounce) cans vegetables such as green beans, mixed vegetables, corn or cream corn
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream-of-mushroom soup
1 Tablespoon of dried onions
1/4 cup mild cheddar, shredded

Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the Tator Tots. Combine remaining ingredients, and pour over the Tator Tots...Cook on high for 3 hours, Sprinkle additional shredded cheddar cheese on top:




2 comments:

Terry said...

That looks so good! My crock pot is older than the hills. We've been looking at new ones, but gosh, they're so big for two people.
It would be nice for it to lift out to clean though.
I'll have to try this recipe Sue.

Terry said...

Oh...I meant to tell you that I tried your pie crust recipe this afternoon. My husband said to tell you thank you! It turned out great, and now I wish I had gotten a picture to show you. I can't believe I finally made a pie completely from scratch and it was so good.
My MIL tried to teach me for so many years and I just couldn't get the hang of it.
I told my husband she was smiling down from heaven at me.
Bless you for posting it.
Terry