Friday, January 9, 2009

Death By Chocolate!


For all of you that are not dieting and love chocolate!

Brownie Mix: Bake as directed in 9 x 13" pan, cool and then cut into 1 x 1" cubes.

6 Heath bars; freeze solid, then break into small pieces by placing in a ziplock bag and beating with a kitchen mallet, rolling pin, meat pounder etc.

3 boxes of Chocolate Mousse: Mix as directed.

16 oz container of Cool Whip/thawed.
In a large clear bowl layer:
1/3 brownies cut into 1"cubes
1/3 mousse
2 bars of broken candy
1/3 Cool Whip
Repeat layering 2 more times
cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for a few hours before serving...
This is to die for...I like it more than "Better Than Robert Redford"....

10 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Oh my Sue, this looks wonderful!
Ive had a sweet tooth for days and this just may cure it:)

Kimberly said...

Oh... my... goodness! Must... resist...

Tolentreasures said...

sue, we all make that same dessert only we drizzle the cake layers with Kahlua. ;)
Goes over really well at church functions, a lot of people can't make out ther taste, but they LOVE it!!!!
Cathy

basketsnprims said...

Sue, that sounds just out of this world and no, I'm not dieting so I will definitely pick up what I need to make it. I made your pecan candies at Christmas with the marshmallow creme & Hersheys kisses & they were awesome.

Pam

Tami said...

Wow, that looks wonderful! I'm thinking that it would be a great thing to have when friends come to dinner!

Have a wonderful day!

Catherine said...

What a way to go! I am definitely going to try your recipe.

Thanks.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Oh Yeah! If ya gotta go, this is the way to do it!
Patricia :o)

Kimberly said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for the comfirmation about the honey ham!

Debbies Doodle said...

oh oh oh i feel the pounds coming on just looking at that.. and the kahlua idea... wowo
thank you ladies,
deb

Thistlebrooms said...

Great Recipe...
Just wanted to add my comment also...I've Made this Heavenly Dessert and it's Scrumpous!!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photo, Looks good enough to eat...
My Best...Marilyn