Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!

Well as you can see and hear, it is time to find time to update my blog! I am busy digging up information on my genealogy and that is so time consuming...I hope to be able to give you'll some tips for doing this...We are all reflections of the ancestors who came before us....It is so important to pass on the information of your family to future generations....I just wish I had started sooner....I am amazed at all the different nationalities in my background that I never knew about...My great grandfather served in the civil war at the tender age of 17...He was with General Lee at Appomattox and is listed in the records there....My daughter went there and was so surprised to see his name listed.....You can even get the kids involved....Well my dryer just buzzed, so better get the clothes out before they get wrinkled......

8 comments:

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Nice to see you back, Sue...I would love to do that. Sounds like you really enjoyed it.

Hugs Pam

Kimberly said...

How fun! My daughter did some research last year and discovered (what we already knew) that her great grandfather was the child of slaves who most likely used the underground railroad to get to Canada. There is only one surviving photo of him because mixed couples were frowned upon in those days.It was great to watch her learn about her roots.

Have a great evening! Kimberly

Kimberly said...

Sorry -- great great grandfather!

Tammy said...

Glad to have you back.
I know that searching your family history can be so much fun. I have my daddy's family history all the way back to the early 1800's.

How exciting it is to learn and discover every little bit of information you can.

Much luck with your searching.

Primitive Kountry said...

HI there...
I just gave you an award. Please stop by and pick up it sometime.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Family research is one of my favorite things to do, so I know how you feel. I even do some research for my friends becuase it's just so fascinating! One line on my mother's side goes back to Charlemagne, and on my mother-in-law's side to Robert the Bruce...neat stuff!!!

Old World Primitives said...

Hi Sue,
Are you using Ancestry.com to help with your genealogy searches? My Dad has been working on our family tree every day for years, and he swears by their subscription services and custom family tree software. He has been able to trace back through hundreds of years.

Stephanie

pammyjo said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. Can't wait to visit again. I'm always being interrupted by the buzz of the dryer. LOL. Thanks for pleasant information. Will be visiting often.