Monday, January 12, 2009

On That Road Trip Once Again!

It seems I am always starting down this road and never completely get there...I almost reached my destination once in 2004, but I evidently convinced myself I didn't deserve to reach it....so all my hard earned losses were put back on and of course I had to add a few more pounds to punish myself for even thinking I deserved to loss that weight....Well I DO deserve to lose this weight!!! I asked myself why I was overweight, but I didn't want just the usual answers, such as I cook the southern style (you know pork fat and more pork fat)etc....so I looked at my life and what was good and what wasn't and I am trying to do some changes there...I also want to set aside time each day just for me to exercise and meditate....Well this road trip started January 5th 2009....I have set small goals for myself and girls I can use all the HELP you can give me....I almost reached my destination going to WW but that isn't an option now, but I do know how to do everything, like measure, measure and measure some more....keep a log of everything that goes into your mouth (those little tastes here and there add up) and drinking water and more water and then of course exercising....Now here in Minnesota it isn't always possible to go out and walk, so I simply walk around the house 10 minutes after each meal and do the old peoples push ups....I lost 2.1 pounds this past week and I am happy with that, but thought I would lose more the first week (water loss) know I have ran to the potty enough to have lost 20 pounds....I just wish I had someone that could come here every Monday and see me weigh...That is what I really need!!! Well since I have done the WW thingy I have compiled a lot of recipes with the points figured out, but I didn't always keep the calories, fat and fiber information. I will try and post some recipes each Monday that I have made and like.....

SIMPLE SALISBURY STEAK: 5 WW Points
I gave it 4****!
1 egg
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced fat-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, divided
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 pound 93% lean ground beef
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon Browning sauce (optional) I used it.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
In a bowl combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup soup and onion. crumble the beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 6 patties. In a large nonstick skillet, brown the patties on both sides, drain.
In a bowl, combine the milk, Browning sauce, if desired, salt and remaining soup; stir in mushrooms. Pour over patties, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink....Yield 6 servings

SCALLOPED POTATOES: 2 WW Points
Serves 6 ( 1/2 Cup)
I gave this 4****
Preheat Oven to 350%
5 coups frozen Southern Style Hash browns thawed
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon dried onion
1 teaspoon light butter
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Crispy Fried Onions
Spray a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix the potatoes, flour, dried onions, butter and pepper together and put into prepared casserole. Pour milk over top. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle on the crispy fried onions and continue to bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Yield 6 1/2 cup servings:

EIGHT LAYER SALAD: 2 WW Points
Serves 12 (1-1/2 Cups)
I gave this 5*****
6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
8 cups torn romaine lettuce
6 40% less fat bacon slices cooked and crumbled ( I used Oscar Meyers recipe ready bacon pieces)
3/4 cups chopped red onion
1-10 ounce package frozen green peas, thawed
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts drained
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1 (0.7 ounce) package dry Italian dressing mix.
Combine lettuces in a 4 quart bowl. Toss well. Layer crumbled bacon and next 5 ingredients on top of lettuce. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix in a small bowl, stir well. Spread dressing over top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Yield: 12 1-1/2 cup servings.


4 comments:

michele said...

Oh these recipes sound delicious! Thanks for posting!

Kimberly said...

Sue, your recipes look awesome! I just bought a new Gooseberry crock pot cookbook tonight... for two reasons.

1- so I can figure out the points and have some really yumme easy recipes to post

2- both of my daughters (10 snd 11 yrs) are obsessed with cooking shows on TV and I thought that these would be great for them to try out.

So... keep up your awesome walk! I must remember MY water... it's hard for me in the winter because I hate being cold and water does that to me, never mind the potty issues that come with it!

All the best! Kimberly

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Hi Sue

THanks for stopping by. It's supposed to get cold here by the end of the week...Is it spring yet!!!!!LOL I know i can't wait. Good luck on the weight loss. I know its hard. I love to eat and i want to loose weight. Exercise is hard with my breathing. But i try. The reciepes look so good. I'll have to jot those down.

Have a wonderful Tuesday
Hugs Pam

Kimberly said...

Hi Sue, thanks for the chocolate smoothie recipe... I just got home from buying the FF pudding mix so we can try them tonight!

Hugs, Kimberly