Monday, January 19, 2009

TWO MILES DOWN THAT ROAD AGAIN!

Well I have re traveled two miles down the olde weight loss road...I had a very hard week, but stuck it out and lost 3.9 pounds....If I added up all the weight I have lost just in the past 10 years, I could make another person...I have been writing down everything that goes in my mouth and I also jot ideas that helped me or hurt me in a journal...I plan my meals a week ahead but don't always stick to it and have found out if I don't it is much harder to get through the evenings....that is my worst time...must not go anywhere near the kitchen...There are some blogs that the girls are dealing with their weight and one of the girls is very brave...She shows a picture of her scales when she is weighing....Good for her.....Her blog is So Tired Of Weighting.....another one is
Primitive Lifestyle and then there is my Weight is over...Just click on their name to go there.....Good blogs to read if you are traveling down that road again....Tip----When you feel like you need a snack grab some sugar free gum and chew on that...It helps and chewing gum also burns calories...

My Monday recipe is for all you people that love Chinese food...

CHICKEN SMOTHERED IN PEANUT SAUCE
Serves 4 5 WW Points I gave this 4****
1 onion chopped
4-(4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup tomato juice
3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
2 garlic cloves (pealed)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Season the chicken with 1/4 tsp of the salt, the paprika and black pepper. add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or till browned. In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients and the remaining salt. Blend till smooth. Pour over the chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or till juices run clear.
Good served over steamed rice but need to add on the points for the rice....

ASIAN SUPER SLAW
Serves 8 2 WW Points I gave this 4****
5 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups shredded red cabbage
2 medium carrots shredded
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
In a large bowl combine above ingredients.Whisk the dressing (recipe below) and add to salad. Toss to coat. Place in Fridge for a couple hours before serving.
ASIAN DRESSING
1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp lite soy sauce
3 Tbsp brown sugar twin
2 Tbsp pineapple juice
1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
In a large glass measuring cup whisk together the above ingredients...

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh sure Sue -- NOW I see your yummy Chinese recipes!! Where were you when I needed you last night...?
I'm glad you're sticking it out with me... it is hard but we both know so worth it in the end!
Thanks for the links to my site... I'm getting traffic but not many comments and now and then could use a "hug" or a push in the right direction!
Take care, Kimberly

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Hi Sue,
I have read some of the blogs that show the scale and the weight - I am in that challenge, but I am to cowardly to post my pic - I take it, but I email it to the challenge mistress. I admire the bravery of those who do post theirs. Your recipe sounds fabulous!

Hugs,
Mary

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Oh, and good job on the weight loss!!!

:)

angie said...

thanks for the recipes~gonna try them! i too am struggling, but it helps to know that others are on this journey too~

Tami said...

Sue~

I have struggled most of my life with my weight....after a rude awakening I have decided that enough is enough it is for my best intrest to do something about it if I want to be around. So by the grace of God I have set out to eat health....So the rest of my family are on the train with me sisters, brother, parents, husband, and brother-in-law all our doing a challenge. We do our first weigh in this Thursday. I started earlier then them and have already lost 4 pounds! Yahoo! I am not looking back, I am going to do it this time all the way to my goal.

My husband I shop for groceries every two weeks and doing a menu is so wonderful not only for saving money but keeping your eye on the goal at the end!

The recipe sounds so yummy....will save it for my next menu! Thanks!